27 April 2013

The Gruffalo - an exhibition

Finally, the weather became sunnier, the days longer, I travelled a bit and went to the Gruffalo exhibition in Hannover. Seeing some original work for a lot of his books was great! I took a lot of photos and show you some impressions here.
With every pic collection went the book they belonged to and screaming kids where grabbing the books, running around and collecting them. I did not like! 

Some more original where to be found of Nick Knatterton and many other artists in the rest of the exhibition. Original sketches, landscapes by Wilhelm Busch (well, it was the Wilhelm Busch museum), and I loved all of them! I had an eye on the techniques used, the mastery of brush, pen, pencil, ink and learned that watercolor, gouache and ink are mostly the media of choice for a lot of illustrators.
I know there are others.

So have a look at some of my favourites. There were fantastic letters as well and sketchbooks you could only see one, two pages of :(
And I got to know of an Windsor McCay exhibition that I can maybe visit soon!
Now for some
GRUFFALO! by Axel Scheffler













He even makes small dummies!



And goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment