10 May 2013

One week with Selda Soganci...

... and Winsor McCay and Poul!

Yes really!

I had illustration course from Tuesday evening till Sunday afternoon and I worked on my pictures for
a picture book. Nothing that will be published but I love most of the pictures already :D
One pic in every color of the rainbow. Now for some photographs of the experience.



I had a room in a flat of a friend of Selda and for getting me into the mood, she put
a  sculpture she once got from Selda on my desk.

Story time! Everyone could try and find the right story to illustrate in
this nicely wrapped ones. I did not need one, I still have none. Just pics.



Right in the works.

Selda having a look at Shaun Tan`s`Bird Kind that I brought.

My workplace :) Glimpses of my illustrations. Droning in pencils.
We have Faber Castell Polychromos, Prismaolor Premieres, and Derwent Inktense mainly.

http://selda-soganci.com/


And I sent beautiful postcards with motifs of Seldas illustrated books
to friends and family.

In Seldas studio. Easter eggs.


Selda presenting some soup for us. In the background:
picture books en masse!

Illustrations I liked: from a christmas songs book is this little baby.

The moon reminded me of fantastic sleep and dreams and wellbeing and is now mine!
(As well as another illu).


Another favourite.

Great froggies for sale.

Selda next to our inspirational book table.

Studio and artists.

Selda explaining about her art and techniques.

The bunny bathrobe, her illustration and sewn!

the horse Huppdiwupp, book and original title illustration.

I thought I had missed it and there it was in Dortmund:
Winsor McCay exhibition. So great. Always loved Little Nemo.
And I could even get the catalogue! I am still reading my way through Winsors time.


And then the most fantastic thing happened. One of the participants knows Poul Dohle!
And we were able to visit him in his studio! See his walls and all the beauty there!



Showing us favourite art in the internet (Bobby Chiu), drawing something small in my
"Artists I met and liked" book and telling us about ideas and projects!



He even took a photo of us and his dragon friend that lives there under his desk.


The small drawing I got. Thanks Poul!


And what Selda Soganci drew in the same book. Thank you as well!


Best wishes from your fav carebear. It was such a joy to stay with appreciative people
with similar interests!
If you have any questions please ask.
Another post about Selda is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment