20 October 2013

Frankfurt Book Fair

I think I took to few photos in Frankfurt, where I visited the giant book fair with a friend (to be seen later). We wanted to check out, books, illustrators and
These are just some small glimpses. I saw so many fantastic and interesting books and met nice people, had quite good coffee... we even where in the international part of the fair and it was different and even more interesting.
So now the peeks. I really don`t know the names of all those fantastic artistic people, sorry but here they are!


Two pics from the great sketch battle between team glasses and team without glasses





Here they had to alternate and safe their character.


 This one is from one day before the great Sketching hours. Maybe famous german illustrators starting portfolios, you could buy and have more sketches drawn into. 


This was on Friday. More german illustrators, the ones I knew from books where Rotraut Susanne Berner, Jutta Bauer and Philip Wächter (I am a great fan of his father). Not all are seen on this photo but the other pics are too blurry. They were all very diligent.


Here be my pics: Philip Wächter chameleon and a robot horse by Tobias Krejtsch.


A big kissable frog by Stefanie Harjes (she did great mermaids but
I somehow missed these :()


This strange and awesome painting by Jonas Laustroer, the handsome young man in the one photo.
The whole action was from and for the Stiftung Illustration.



We saw this guy at a time doing a big picture. No idea why and who but fascinating to look at.


And then at once we found this exciting book and even more exciting: original statues that Shaun Tan made for the book. I will probably buy it. Maybe for christmas.





Just so that you can see who I spend my time with. Katrin. And she won a book with her tongue twitching.

 

And sorry for this face. I should have held my Bob Ross mask high! the minion was too sweet.
I won a book with grimacing as you can easily imagine seeing me like this ;D





Plan for 2015 I think is the children book fair in Bologna.
Good bye and thanks for looking into a piece of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment